Disclaimer

All ideas and thoughts expressed in this blog belong to the authors of this blog. Certain data and summaries may be taken from book covers and author's websites, but these will be given the appropriate acknowledgment. Respect of the blog authors' views is requested. Thank you.

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Wormies Updates #4

Hello dear readers! Bookworm Lurchie has picked our book this week because I am still busy, unfortunately. I am quite excited about this weeks' book because I have actually read it for the umpteenth time (I was in grade school when I first read a translation) and I believe I can shed a few lights about the book: A Journey to the Center of the Earth by Jules Verne.

Lurchie suggested that she would make a review on the book turned movie in addition to the review of the book. I know it's going to be different if she is going to base her comparison to the new movie with Brendan Frasier because it's actually not an adaptation of the movie. However, I will give her the reigns and let her do the review herself and I will be happy to comment on it when she has had her say.

For a little bit of history, A Journey to the Center of the Earth by Jules Verne was first published in 1864. It is quite fascinating to note that Jules Verne had written about things that didn't happen before but are now quite real. His books have been published in different language but unfortunately, according to the North American Jules Verne Society, Inc., there have been bogus translations to his work, most notably A Journey to the Center of the Earth, because it was anonymously and badly translated to English. Since it was the first ever English translation, it is still in circulation today. Fortunately, many authentic translations have already been published.

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP